The Melungeons

melungeons.com blog

Monday, November 07, 2005

RootsWeb: Melungeon-L Fw: Weather

RootsWeb: Melungeon-L Fw: Weather: "Some of you will remember Suze who use to be on this list. When I heard a tornado had hit Evansville, IN, I wrote to see if she was alright. She sent this back this morning.

Cindy


tornado hit just a few blocks south of me. race track 75% destroyed here and 18 people died to the east of me. My daughter and I followed it's path south of here -- it was heading straight for my house when it veered to the east. That saved me. Just had things rearranged in the yard, but I have a house and life. I'm lucky. My daughter, who is 3 months pregnant, is also fine. They took cover in their bathroom. Sustained no damage -- but things were rearranged there too.

Total 23 people lost their lives last night. It hit three counties before dying out. Hit at 2 am. My dog woke me up. Thought she wanted out....got to door and realized what was happening. Sirens went off as tornado went through. The world went slate grey -- and I suspected we had a tornado.

After a wild night, the sun came out and it was weird to know so many died - like the tornado was a bad dream. But we had images all day on tv to remind us."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home