The Melungeons

melungeons.com blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Re: knots and bumps and differences, oh my!

Re: knots and bumps and differences, oh my!: "Nancy, it might be best to mention EVERYTIME you write about the 'head-knot/ridge' and 'shovel teeth' that these 'traits' appear in many people who are not 'Melungeon', and do not descend from them either. It may be possible that more regular people have these traits than the descendants of the 'Melungeon'? Do/did ALL Melungeon and their descendants have these traits? I've had a problem with this 'trait idea' from the first. The way this claim is presented gives out wrong conclusions for most of us. I thought for some time that surely my folks were Melungeon and not Turks. Now I know better.

I think you are one good researcher, and Joanne is probably your equal.....:-)"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home