The Melungeons

melungeons.com blog

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Re: knots and bumps and differences, oh my!

Re: knots and bumps and differences, oh my!: "''EVIDENCE is NOT lacking. The evidence is the hundreds of heads of Melungeon descendants that HAVE the bump ''

Nancy

How do you know you were not feeling their 'inion'? Apparently everyone has one, do the people with 'Anatolian Bumps' have two bumps? It seems everyone can feel their 'inion' --- how did you know you were feeling their 'Anatolian Bump' as opposed to the 'inion' or 'external occipital protuberance'?

''The measuring electrode is placed over the middle of the occipital cortex, 10% of the distance between the inion and the nasion above the inion. Feel the back of your skull just above the nape of your neck. The lump you feel is the inion.''

''Hook the fingertips of one hand underneath the center of the base of her skull, in the middle of the back of the head-you should be able to feel a bump there, called the occipital protuberance, or inion''

''The standard method for electrode placement is the International 10-20 system. This system is so named since it represents 10 and 20 percent deviations from four anatomical landmarks. These four landmarks are the nasion (the bridge of the nose), the inion (the bump at the back of the head just above the neck), ''"

1 Comments:

  • At 1:07 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have all the bumps..and the teeth like a Melungeons..
    I was asked by my dentist if that is what I was..
    I said NO so he asked if I was Cherokee..I said NO
    he told me it was ok to admit it because he wasn't like the rest..
    he assumed I was ashamed of my racial background..
    He was almost right..I am triracial
    but i'm not from Melungeon stock(?)
    since I wasn't born here in the states.
    after looking it up I saw what he meant..
    I started asking random people about teeth & head bumps..they say they have that too like it's not that rare.
    all of them was white..one from Europe.
    I myself come from the Caribbean but I do have native..African..Gitano/gypsy..Semite blood line witch breaks down to having all 3 races as most people do.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home