The Melungeons

melungeons.com blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

MelungeonResearch

MelungeonResearch: "Milton Music is the brother of my 2nd greatgrandfather Abraham Musick. I think this picture of Milton makes him look absolutely Asian!
Abe was a larger man than Milton according to descriptions I have of him. He was a blacksmith, but I must assume that he had a similar look to his brother Milton.

Here is the genealogy for this family going back to the grandmother of these two men who was a Harris, a common Melungeon surname, and for whom I have found no other family data. I am descended from Milton Music's brother Abe Musick and his partner, Mary Collins. I believe that this Collins line is also of Melungeon ancestry as the Harris line may also be."

1 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM EDT , Blogger Helen Campbell said...

    Abraham Musick does look Asian. You have a wonderful treasure there Nancy. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    By the way your blog is awesome.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home