The Melungeons

melungeons.com blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Re: Goins

Re: Goins: "Furthermore if you cannot get past Joseph Goins and Judith Pollard then you don't even know if you even descend from a Goins. Have you ever seen the records of Phyllis Goens who had illegitimate children by George Gibson? Are you sure you don't descend from this George Gibson and Phyllis Goins?

I have worked very hard since 1997 researching Melungeon families and locating historical articles etc., and sharing my work. By presenting this research to the forums and lists I know I have helped many people realize you can't prove you are a Melungeon by a bump, squat or disease.

All the best
Joanne"

1 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Joanne wrote: "Are you sure you don't descend from this George Gibson and Phyllis Goins?"

    Are you calling Jeanette's ancestor a Bastard?

    Joanne wrote:"By presenting this research to the forums and lists I know I have helped many people realize you can't prove you are a Melungeon by a bump, squat or disease."

    In my opinion, Joanne is more like constantly cramming her research down people’s throats!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home