The Melungeons

melungeons.com blog

Thursday, August 04, 2005

RootsWeb: Melungeon-L Christopher Humble's article

RootsWeb: Melungeon-L Christopher Humble's article: "I am catching up on my reading of Melungeon-L archives. I saw several
references to Christopher Humble's article, 'A Visit to the Melungeons' that
appeared in the _Home Mission Monthly_ in September, 1897.

I have a photocopy of the original article (as does Jack Goins; I gave him a
copy several years ago at a VCHS gathering). The article is interesting as
it has 4 photographs in addition to the text; there is one of Mahala Mullins
in her house that is different from the image of her that is often
reproduced. These photos would not scan well as they are 'newspaper style'
and just look like lots of dots when you try to reproduce them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home