The Melungeons

melungeons.com blog

Friday, July 22, 2005

Mexican Archeologists Find Rare Sacrifice - Yahoo! News

"MEXICO CITY - Archeologists digging through an Aztec temple say they've found a rare child sacrifice to the war god, a deity normally honored with the hearts or skulls of adult warriors.

ADVERTISEMENT

The child found at Mexico City's Templo Mayor ruins was apparently killed sometime around 1450, in a sort of grim cornerstone ceremony intended to dedicate a new layer of building, according to archaeologist Ximena Chavez.

Priests propped the child � apparently already dead, since the sand around him showed no sign of movement � in a sitting position and workers packed earth around his body, which was then covered beneath a flight of stone temple steps."

2 Comments:

  • At 1:56 AM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi there Helen Campbell I am out searching for the newest information on maryland genealogy and discovered your site. Although Mexican Archeologists Find Rare Sacrifice - Yahoo! News wasn't just what I was searching for, it certaninly got my attention and intrest. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for maryland genealogy related information, and I'm glad I stopped by even though this isn't a right match.

    Wonderful post, Thanks for the read!

     
  • At 11:47 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi there Helen Campbell I am out looking for the freshest information on ellis island genealogy and encountered your site. Although Mexican Archeologists Find Rare Sacrifice - Yahoo! News wasn't just what I was searching for, it certaninly got my attention and intrest. I see now why I found your page when I was looking for ellis island genealogy related information, and I'm glad I stopped by even though this isn't a right match.

    Awesome post, Thanks for the read!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home