The Melungeons

melungeons.com blog

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Brent Kennedy Wrote

Wayne re Melungeon Indians
Fri, 7 Mar 2003

Excerpt:

"They didn't latch onto a Mediterranean heritage because it was in my book. It's in my book because they said it. Also, there are no original "Kennedy" theories. The theories that Melungeons might be Portuguese, Gypsies, Turks, etc., etc. all existed and were all in print long before I came along. As some of you know, even I had to be convinced early on of a possible "Turkish" infusion. The truth is, I simply reported on these theories and, yes, subscribed to some of them (but, as you noted, still consider them theories). But all this with the recognition that no two families are the same and that NO single theory fits all."

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:42 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello I hope I can get this to Brent Kennedy. I am from Rowe Va. a Southwest area and I have Sarcoidosis Disease also. And I have been told Indian blood is in our Family. Leona Sanders leonaratliff2004@aol.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home