The Melungeons

melungeons.com blog

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Weird U. S. & History Channel - www.ezboard.com

Weird U. S. & History Channel - www.ezboard.com: "Melungeons definatly exist, as I am one of them. I do have the 'Anatolian Bump' as well as the 'Shovel Teeth.'

Shovel Teeth are actually an Asian genetic trait. Most (if not all) Native Americans also have Shovel Teeth. Melungeons are mixed with American Indian, European, and Turkish or perhaps Portuguese (since a Melungeon, when asked of his ethnic origins, replied 'Portyghee'). No one really knows, and if you ask me, my own personal theory is that Melungeons are probably of Turkish, Euro and Native American descent. My grandmother was always known as 'Cherokee.' However, she, nor any of my other ancestors appear on any rolls. She was listed as a Free Person of Color (fpc) on her birth certificate.

Anyway, I didnt see this episode, I sure wish I did! "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home