The Melungeons

melungeons.com blog

Friday, December 30, 2005

re: Prayer for Brent on the Wailing Wall, Israel

re: Prayer for Brent on the Wailing Wall, Israel: "Hi Guys!

Just received this - first part from Helen, then in response to her request and finally from me:

Greetings,

A few days ago Brent's very good friend Kelly Pritchard contacted me about Brent Kennedy. She read on my site that Brent was in a coma. Kelly told me that she knew people who had miracle healings after their name was placed in the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem. I immediately contacted my friend Jack Zeller about the Wailing Wall and if were possible to have Brent's name placed there in Jerusalem. Within an hour I got a response. I will give more details later but for now Jack did send me a statement to post. A call from Jerusalem confirmed that the great deed had been done.

Helen,

Let me make a composite message for everyone:

There is a tradition to say a prayer for anyone at anytime among our Sephardic Mulungeon ancestors.

We do not have to be in a house of worship because the heavens above, G'd's gift to us, is a holy place.

One old tradition is to write a prayer and place it in the wall of the foundation ( Kotel) of the 2nd Temple in Jerusalem.

Two prayers have been placed on behalf of Brent. Both this Thursday. Thursday ( Monday and Saturday also) is a special day for prayer because it is the day that part of 5 books of Moses( torah) is read during a prayer service. At the prayer service when the torah reading occurs, a prayer was made by Rabbi Peretz Rodman who lives in Jerusalem on behalf of Brent. Rabbi Rodman is a close friend and I explained to him who Brent Kennedy was. Rabbi Rodman also placed a supplication into the Kotel.

My two daughters and their families went to Jerusalem early today to place a prayer on behalf of Brent into the Kotel. My youngest daughter Ariella lives in Modiin"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home