The Melungeons

melungeons.com blog

Thursday, May 26, 2005

If I have offended anyone...

If I have offended anyone...: "It has been brought to my attention that a post was made on another board (I did not see , as it was deleted) suggesting that I had caused some controversy on the Melungeon and AI boards. Something about working my stuff on these boards and trying to pick fights and I had picked the wrong victim and it was best not to converse with me. ??
I immediately felt a sense of being unwelcome.

I have made 6 post/responses on the AI board and 9 posts/responses on the Melungeon board. I went back and re-read my postings and could not find anything that suggested controversy or what I thought seemed the least bit offensive or disrespectful.

Since I am new to both these boards and do not know any of you personally . I was shocked to learn that I had been pre judged by this poster and labeled with these accusations.
Please know that my postings were geniune postings/reponses regarding genealogy and my intentions were not to offend anyone.


Becky Fox Shuff
Fayette County, WV"

1 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM EDT , Blogger Helen Campbell said...

    Becky,

    I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you are experienceing on the Melungeon and American Indian GenForum.

    I read your message the other day on the Melungeon GenForum and returned today to find (gasp} it was missing!!!! I immediately went to the American Indian forum hoping to catch your message before it was deleted. I got your message on my Blogger.

    You are not alone. For years now, there has been a few people who make Melungeon research difficult for others and at times impossible. So many people have sadly been driven away from their Melungeon research.

    But, don't you give up, Melungeon researcher girlfriend!! There is hope and light at the end of the Melungeon GenForum trashcan.

    Melungeon GenForum, is my opinion, is a message board with sharks lurking about. Beware!!

    There are many other Melungeon forums, lists, groups, that are available for serious research. The people are mighty fine too.

    Big Melungeon hugs for you Becky!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home